With having MWFS as your Deposit Broker, you receive competitive rates from the marketplace. Your deposit is made in a low risk product issued by a financial institution such as a bank, trust company, credit union or life insurance company. We represent leading Financial Institutions that offer term deposits, short term deposits, guaranteed investment certificates, and guaranteed investment accounts.
The MWFS team is experienced and knowledgeable and is dedicated to providing you with the savings and investment product that is right for you.
GIC & GIA
|18 mth GIC||2.15%||2.15%||2.15%||2.15%|
Cashable GIC Rates
|30 to 59 days||1.25%|
|60 to 89 days||1.25%|
|90 to 119 days||1.25%|
|120 to 179 days||1.65%|
|180 to 269 days||1.90%|
|270 to 364 days|
- Interest is calculated on the closing daily balance and paid monthly. For registered account, withholding taxes may apply if funds are moved to a non-registered account.
- All rates and minimum deposit amounts are subject to change without notice;
- Posted rates are annual unless otherwise stated;
- Effective date and interest rate will be the date $ funds are deposited with the Financial Institution;
- RSP, RIF and non-registered GICs are not redeemable before maturity except upon death. Tax Free GICs are redeemable before maturity in full only (not partially) and are subject to market value adjustment and expense recovery fees;
- Annual, semi-annual and monthly interest available for non-registered only;
- For amounts greater than $500,000 or for more information, please contact Macnaughton & Ward Financial at 1.800.397.0115 or (fax) 1-888-561-1177;
- Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) insures eligible Canadian $ amounts up to $100,000 per account holder (“Depositor”), for each account type (i.e. Open + TFSA + RSP + RIF = up to $400,000) at each member institutions. Notice: The Government of Canada has announced that changes to the CDIC Act to modernize and enhance CDIC deposit protection will come into force on April 30, 2020 and April 30, 2021. PLEASE NOTE: Until then, current coverage rules apply; and
- Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation (CUDIC) insures eligible Canadian $ deposits at member institutions for unlimited amounts for British Columbia Credit Unions.